Google+
Holiday Crafts & Recipes! Embroidery Tutorials Recipes for Desserts & Sweet Treats Dinners & Sides Tea and Coffeetime recipes! Like Joyous Notions on Facebook! Connect with Us! Contact Us! Home Join Our Blog Hops!
Shop Joyous Home!
The Homemakers's Resource Guide on Joyous Notions

Friday, June 12, 2009

Getting Ready..

We haven't been blogging very faithfully these past two weeks, so I thought I would post a little update on what we have been doing. Our main activity has been getting ready for the CHEC Homeschool Convention in Denver on Thursday! We are very excited as this is our first year doing a booth for our business and magazine. Mom and I have been running about, making up all of the "homey" goodies we want to decorate the booth with, plus all of the other products we are taking with us. Needless to say, it's going to be one packed booth! I keep finding things we can take with us..

Here's a couple of things we have been working on this week~

We discovered that nice displays of any kind can be wickedly expensive. Amen Dad knows how to make our own! This is our cookie stamp display for the table. He made a couple of others for our magazines and cd's.

We are also taking along the majority of our ribbon embroidery goods. I made up two little designs to sell with the ribbon. I had all of the instructions and how-to pictures printed out on nice little cards. I thought they came out rather pretty :)


And when preparing for the convention hasn't kept us busy, the weather has. We've had tornadoes and storms almost everyday, nothing too serious, but they have provided some wonderful picture taking opportunities. Not to mention all of the rain has been wonderful! Our garden is enjoying it immensely

Two tornadoes came down yesterday behind our house, a good distance off, but close enough to see. Both stayed on the ground for about an hour, but I don't think either did any damage.

Now I need to hop off here and get to the rest of my duties for the day! I might have a chance to get back on later to finish my homemade ice cream post :)

Have a very blessed day everyone! ~*~Jessica~*~

5 comments:

Pepper Darcy said...

Lol, is that the tornado you took a picture of on your chair? :)
I LOVE the ribbon embroidery! It's so lovely! Especially the last one!

Love,
Michelle

Unknown said...

LOL! Yes ;) It's the only way I could get up over the houses!

Thank you thank you on the ribbon embroidery =) Love ya! ~Jess

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

WOW...what a picture! I love the ribbon embroidery. I saw the article about that in your magazine. BEAUTIFUL! I love hand stitching embroidery on things I make. This might be something else I will have to try.

Blessings to you, Jessica~
Laura

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

I just wanted to let you know that I will not be able to attend the bread making seminar on the 27th. We had to switch our reservation for blueberry picking to that date. It is our annual get together so I can't change it.

I look forward to the next seminar that I can attend!

Blessings~
Laura

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

The ribbon embroidery is beautiful and I wish you all the best at your booth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...