Google+
Holiday Crafts & Recipes! Embroidery Tutorials Recipes for Desserts & Sweet Treats Dinners & Sides Tea and Coffeetime recipes! Like Joyous Notions on Facebook! Connect with Us! Contact Us! Home Join Our Blog Hops!
Shop Joyous Home!
The Homemakers's Resource Guide on Joyous Notions

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vanilla Bean Frappuccinos

A dear friend and I have been talking about Starbucks, and generally how we can't afford it. It is really true. Even if you can afford $4.00 for a cup of bean water and foamy milk, going too often is a rotten waste of money! This is of course coming from a Starbucks guru (we love Starbucks). I'm a shaken tea addict.


So she started digging around for some good coffee recipes and sent them to me to mess around with. This afternoon, Mom and I decided that we needed a little perk, so I dug out the Vanilla Bean Frappuccino recipe :)




Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
I only changed a couple of things in the recipe. I decreased the amount of sugar, added more ice cream and added vanilla extract too. This is pretty basic, throw the following ingredients into the blender and turn it on.

2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2-1 cup strong brewed coffee, chilled
4 small scoops vanilla ice cream
3/4 cup ice cubes

It came out quite yummy! I have been craving something with chocolate today, so I stirred in a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder into mine, and some chocolate chips. Just like a Java Chip Frappuccino.. :)


Thanks Michelle!

7 comments:

Pepper Darcy said...

Lol! I JUST made that this evening! Oh it was good! : ) Your welcome, dear : )

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Oh, this sounds YUMMMY! I am going to try making this on the weekend.

Blessings~
Laura

Ellen said...

This looks yummy! I just got some vanilla beans from a friend and this is the perfect recipe!

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

My sister, Cathy, came over yesterday flashing this plastic bag in front of my face. "You'll never guess what I got in the mail this morning......MY SEASONS AT HOME MAGAZINE.....and you can't read it! Nana nana boo boo!" I said back to her in my sweetest voice, "Then you don't eat luuuuuuuuuunch!" ROFLOL!

She let me have a quick sneek-peek before she left, and I have to say....I was IMPRESSED, and I only had a chance to skim through 3 pages!

Thank you, ladies....you have made my sister a very happy lady!!

Blessings~
Laura

Anonymous said...

That does look good. :)

Danielle said...

Mmmm, I tried this twice over the weekend...with decaff...thanks for sharing...very yummy!

Unknown said...

I'll try this! sounds Yumm!!

I saw you are an addict to shaken tea... so am I with the lemonade shaken iced tea...

I'd like to share what I do at home...

First I brew the tazo tea (buy it at the store) add the sugar/honey/sweetener while hot... let it sit.
Then, grab some minute maid lemonade about half cup mix with over half cup of the tea... pour in ice and voila!

Enjoy a nice refreshing tea beverage :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...